Monday, July 19, 2004

Lance Armstrong

I've had a few people tell me that they're following the Tour de France more closely this year because of the inspiration Casey drew from Lance Armstrong (see lower on this site).  So this seemed an appropriate addition here. Armstrong's top competition for winning the tour this year is his close friend Ivan Basso, whose mother is battling cancer.
 
This is from cycling news.
 
On Tuesday's rest day in Limoges, Armstrong and Basso met to discuss Ivan's mother, who is currently battling cancer in Italy. Armstrong paid homage to Basso today. "Ivan deserved to win the stage today...he's a hell of a good guy and he was super-strong today. We have been friends for a long time...we're working on helping to treat his mom's cancer."
 
From Eurosport.com:
 
"He and I have been friends for a long time. Now off the bike we're working on his mom's situation to see if she can win the fight against cancer."
"It was special for me to be out there with him. In the last week we haven't talked about the race but talked about his mom."
"It was a pleasure for me that I didn't win."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home