Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Another new Sox fan

My name is Mandy Solomon. I met Casey because she worked with my husband Jon at theAnderson-Independent. We met for the first time at the SCPA awards in February 2002. I am not a writer by nature and tend to ramble but I will try and convey myfeelings as best as I can.

Shortly after we met thefrenziness of March Madness began and Casey and Willwere frequently at Jon's place where we watched basketball until I thought I would go nuts. I actually fell asleep during a game and when I woke up Casey just looked at me and shook her head.

Regardless, me, Emily and Casey had many margaritas and beers together and had a blast. The last time I saw Casey was at mine and Jon's wedding in November 2003. I have a picture of the two of us that I cherish to this day.

I wasn't expecting her to comebut she said she wouldn't miss it for the world. I was so glad to have her there that day. I know it was a lot for her to come. I still think about Casey and although I grew up in the south and am an avid AtlantaBraves fan i have found myself cheering for the RedSox, those adorable idiots that Casey loved. I am finding myself, especially lately, believing thatCasey is up in heaven and has charmed God and BabeRuth into lifting the curse.

As I sit here, after the Sox have won their second series game, with tears streaming down my face it has really hit me how much fun Casey would be having right now and how much I miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home